Wheel Refurbishment Question from Dan N.Y.C

Submitted on 20/06/2009

Aftermarket chrome rims peeled on inside part of rim.Face and spokes are perfect.I wish to paint peeled part black.If possible,could you tell me what primer,paint,finish and how many coats of each would this require? Thanks. Model: 2002 Chevy Trailblazer

Hi Dan,

I take it you are in New York, which is a fair distance from us... and our suppliers.

However, I can give you two options. Firstly you could contact  R.H Automotive. Here is their e-mail address: [email protected]

I think they do occassionally ship abroad, but obviously you would pay a premium for postage. Thier paints are specifically designed for wheels and I know of no other equivalant supplier (thats not to say there isn't one, I just don't know of one).

Or, you could take a look at these people:- http://www.youtube.com/user/HARDlifestyleCHROME

There is a company in the UK that does this chrome, but they don't want to do wheels (it involves many complications, such as having cars hanging around on chocks which many companies don't want to get involved with). But they have sent me samples and it seems like really good stuff. There are at least two US suppliers of this kind of product, and I'm sure they can hook you up with a company near you that does automotive work.

Best of luck,

New Again logo

Can We Help You?

"We can offer specialist advice on the best car service to suit your requirements"

When bringing your car to New Again, we often ask you to explain exactly the reason for having your car Protected, Valeted or Repaired. Once we understand exactly what it is you are trying to achieve, we will appraise your vehicle using our detailed appraisal check-sheet allowing us to identify areas of concern and tailor specific services that match your requirements and budget.

If you are not sure what service you need and would like to speak to one of our technicians, simply request a callback by filling in the form on our contact page.