Dent Removal Question from Tim Morley

Submitted on 26/10/2009

Got a dent by the rear wheel arch in the supermarket car park - see photos. Local PDR man says he can't do anything because its a double skin there. What's the best way to fix this? A "significant improvement" rather than a perfect repair might be acceptable. The car is approx 2.5 years old. I'm in Loughborough, so quite a long way from you! Any recommendation for local repairer would be appreciated. Model: Focus convertible


That dent looks very unlikely for Paintless Dent Removal.

You could try getting a second opinion, but I don't think your going to get the result you need for a car like that.

So try reading this article.  Or this one You will need to have the rear quarter panel repaired and resprayed.

That should cost somewhere between say £200 and £350 plus vat (this is only my guess)

New Again logo

Can We Help You?

"We can offer specialist advice on the best car service to suit your requirements"

When bringing your car to New Again, we often ask you to explain exactly the reason for having your car Protected, Valeted or Repaired. Once we understand exactly what it is you are trying to achieve, we will appraise your vehicle using our detailed appraisal check-sheet allowing us to identify areas of concern and tailor specific services that match your requirements and budget.

If you are not sure what service you need and would like to speak to one of our technicians, simply request a callback by filling in the form on our contact page.