Buying and Selling Question from paul wetherhill

Submitted on 02/09/2010

I have my eye on a car to buy with scratch damage on the rear quarter. I live in Plymouth, and was wondering if there would be anything you could do from the pictures uploaded, and if you have a centre nearby? Thanks, i appreciate you cant always tell before seeing it in person. The decals would obvioulsy be removed, so i presume the scratches go the length of the rear quarter. Paul. Model: MG ZR 2003


We are in Chelmsford but I maybe able to help.

If the panels can be just buffed/paintcorrection , then heres the page that gives you some prices for that. However I suspect they will need to be resprayed at a good body shop.  Also the stickers will need to be replaced. This could prove costly as a silver car will need to be blended into the next panel that doesn't have any damage.

If your going to buy this car, you need to get good look at that damage as it could be, best ways maybe a hunderd pounds to do, using paint correction, or at worst ways maybe a thousand pounds to have it done proberley at a body shop.

Have a good read of these two pages. Then if you need a good company in your area, have a look at the article. How to get the best from the auto trader, theres link at the bottom of this page.

Good luck

New Again logo

Can We Help You?

"We can offer specialist advice on the best car service to suit your requirements"

When bringing your car to New Again, we often ask you to explain exactly the reason for having your car Protected, Valeted or Repaired. Once we understand exactly what it is you are trying to achieve, we will appraise your vehicle using our detailed appraisal check-sheet allowing us to identify areas of concern and tailor specific services that match your requirements and budget.

If you are not sure what service you need and would like to speak to one of our technicians, simply request a callback by filling in the form on our contact page.