Paintwork Correction Question from Nilesh Patel

Submitted on 03/02/2009

Please find attached photos of damage to my car done by vandals with a key/sharp object. The colour code is Mercedes 792u - matelic palledium Siver. The damage is mainly on the rear passenger side door with a slight scratch on the rear arch. Model: Mercedes C200K


Sorry to have to deal with this one.

Our paint correction service would greatly improve your scratch in particularly the bit to-wards the front of the car, however the rear would not be satisfactory.  I do not recommend people go for an improvement when thay been the victim or a vandal because even 99% would still mean that one day when your cleaning the car there would be the possibility of a reminder.

So you need a bodyshop to do this 100%

we recommend they will give you an idea of how much it will cost looking at your pictures so you can hopefully decide whether to claim on your insurance or not.


or you could try these two articles

Also if it was done on your drive or outside your house you might want to put some cameras up. You can buy them from ebay, I recommend you put real ones up. Its up to you if connect them or not.

Kind Regards
 The New Again Team

New Again logo

Can We Help You?

"We can offer specialist advice on the best car service to suit your requirements"

When bringing your car to New Again, we often ask you to explain exactly the reason for having your car Protected, Valeted or Repaired. Once we understand exactly what it is you are trying to achieve, we will appraise your vehicle using our detailed appraisal check-sheet allowing us to identify areas of concern and tailor specific services that match your requirements and budget.

If you are not sure what service you need and would like to speak to one of our technicians, simply request a callback by filling in the form on our contact page.