Detailing Question from phil

Submitted on 02/06/2009

im intrested in starting car valeting how would i go about doing it and do i need insurance Model:


Yes you will need insurance if you are going to start your own business.

I would recommend business training as well. This will take around ten years but dont be put off by it, its supprisingly easy, theres just a lot of it.

Reading 'The E-Myth' by Michael Gerber would be a great start. Also, 'The Dip' by Seth Godin -- both will prepare you and let you know what you are in for.

If you are going to go into business, you need to know business. Learning the valeting side is fairly easy, just contact AutoGlym or Autosmart for a training course. Once your in with one of these companies, they give you back-up and advice. A year of hard work and on-the-job experience and you'll be up to speed... and speed is important, as well as quality and consistency.

Kind regards and good luck,
The New Again Team

New Again logo

Can We Help You?

"We can offer specialist advice on the best car service to suit your requirements"

When bringing your car to New Again, we often ask you to explain exactly the reason for having your car Protected, Valeted or Repaired. Once we understand exactly what it is you are trying to achieve, we will appraise your vehicle using our detailed appraisal check-sheet allowing us to identify areas of concern and tailor specific services that match your requirements and budget.

If you are not sure what service you need and would like to speak to one of our technicians, simply request a callback by filling in the form on our contact page.