Dent Removal Question from Christopher Bullen

Submitted on 20/03/2010

Can my car be repaired by PDR. It was caused by a woman tripping over and falling head first into my car. The point of impact was just above the swage line on the rear quarter panel.I live in Cardiff but work in Peterborough so either area is ok with me. Model: BMW 325 Coupe

You need a very good dent man at the top of these game for that one.  However, I think with a bit of luck (I mean you need good access to the whole dent, which is usually possible in a rear quarter of a car like that).  You could be lucky and get that whole dent  removed to a satisfactory standard.  You need to read this article and this article and then get a couple of recommendations.  You know if the same name comes up twice you've got a good chance of finding a good dent man.

The difficulty is that people can have a good dent man for many years, but not actually know how good he really is.  It's dents like these that only the top guys can do if of course they have good access.  Have a read of the articles and if you are confident then get it done in your area.  If you are not confident with your recommendations, then I will let our men have a good look at our screen before you come to us.  (We have zoom facilities on our big screen).  Good luck

New Again logo

Can We Help You?

"We can offer specialist advice on the best car service to suit your requirements"

When bringing your car to New Again, we often ask you to explain exactly the reason for having your car Protected, Valeted or Repaired. Once we understand exactly what it is you are trying to achieve, we will appraise your vehicle using our detailed appraisal check-sheet allowing us to identify areas of concern and tailor specific services that match your requirements and budget.

If you are not sure what service you need and would like to speak to one of our technicians, simply request a callback by filling in the form on our contact page.