Lease Car Returns
Most people get charge-backs for damage they didn't know they had, when they return their lease car. Don't risk an unexpected bill, our lease return inspection will arm you with the knowledge you need to make informed decisions.
Damage is excessive wear and tear and where there’s excessive damage and you will not be covered by the "Fair Wear and Tear" Clause. It’s vital to be aware that for every bit of excessive wear and tear on a leased car you are going to pay for it. This cost includes not just repair to the car but will also include the lease companies costs.
Here at New Again, we offer an impartial independent inspection and advice service to the BVRLA industry standard, which should help you navigate the obsticles of returning a Lease Car or Personal Contract Purchase Vehicle (PCP).
We can advise you on the cheapest possible acceptable repairs and more importantly what not to repair.
**Note - All New Again Repairs Are Carried Out To The Acceptable Standard Required By The Lease Company Where Required**
Firstly:- Don't repair every scratch and dent - some damage is acceptable.
Secondly:- Be cautious of having sub standard repair work as you may end up having to pay twice.
Lastly:- Many drivers make the mistake of just focusing on the obvious repairs and miss those repairs otherwise found by the lease company.
- Alloy wheel damage, when in fact the recharge on a damaged alloy is usually the same or less than the cost of a repair
- Returning a vehicle and missing items like a hole in the carpet, or having a sub standard previous repair undertaken even if provided by an accredited Accident Repair Centre
- Returning a vehicle without the second/additional key - This is quite often usually found on a partners or colleagues key ring
For more detailed information please watch the video below.
So What Happens Next.
At the end of the Lease or PCP contract your vehicle is required be returned back to the lease company and assessed to determine whether the vehicle meets the agreed returned condition and subject to "Fair Wear & Tear".
"Fair Wear & Tear" occurs when normal usage causes deterioration to a vehicle. It is not to be confused with damage which occurs as a result of a specific event or series of events such as impact, inappropriate stowing of items, harsh-treatment, negligent acts or omissions. **Source-BVRLA**
The "Fair Wear & Tear" clause will include all exterior paintwork, bumpers and trim, the condition of the interior, all glass and mirrors, tyres and wheels, and the mechanical condition of the vehice(at appraisal level).
Before your vehicle is due back to the leasing company consider the following:-
- Understand the standard - You can request a copy of the BVRLA industry standard through your leasing company or check with your lease company. (You may have recieved this already)
- Appraising your vehicle - This will identify any damage that does not constitute "Fair Wear & Tear" and requires repair.
- Carry out the appraisal of the vehicle approximatley 4 weeks before the vehicle is due for return. This will allow you to arrange to have any unacceptable wear and tear rectified.
What Should I Do Now.
- If your car is due to be returned within 4 weeks of the return notification date, then you need to contact us and book your inspection.
- If your car is NOT due to be returned and outside the recommeneded 4 week return notification date, then you need to contact us to diarise an appointment with us with your return date so we can notify you at the time.
- If you require information and advice on appraising and inspecting the vehicle yourself then please visit the resources section were you can download our "Lease Return" Basic Evaluation Information Sheet or click here - http://newagain.co.uk/leasing-checklist
What Our Customers Say
Below are a selection of comments from some of our satisfied customers.
"My vehicle was a lease return and the company sent me our "fair wear and tear policy" - one of the rare times we ask you to conform.
I visited the web page "LEASE RETURNS", very useful.
The team where very helpful and walked through the check sheet for the full inspection.
After booking for smart repair, dents and a chip I was very pleased to hear the lease collection folks, at first sight of the car, how they wished every car looked as clean and tidy when they collected.
Many thanks Gary, excellent job, will pass on your details and will be back.
J Carlaw - Feering - Essex
Can We Help You?
"We can offer specialist advice on the best Lease Car Returns service to suit your requirements"
When bringing your car to New Again, we often ask you to explain exactly the reason for having your car Protected, Detailed or Repaired. Once we understand exactly what it is you are trying to achieve, we will appraise your vehicle using our detailed appraisal check-sheet allowing us to identify areas of concern and tailor specific services that match your requirements and budget.
If you are not sure what service you need and would like to speak to one of our technicians, simply request a callback by filling in the form on our contact page.